When you have a sprained ankle, the best thing you can do is to stay off of it as much as possible. But when you absolutely have to be on your feet, you need a good pair of shoes that will give you support and help keep your balance. In this article, we’ll recommend some of the best shoes to wear with a sprained ankle.
- List of Best Shoes For A Sprained Ankle
- 1. ASICS Women’s GEL-Nimbus Running Shoes
- 2. New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080 V10 Running Shoe
- 3. Hoka One One Men’s Bondi 5 Running Shoe
- 4. Skechers Men’s Go Max-Athletic Air Mesh Slip on Walking Shoe
- 5. New Balance Men’s 840 V4 Running Shoe
- 6. Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Shoes
- 7. Orthofeet Innovative Diabetic Shoes
- 8. Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe
- 9. ASICS Men’s Jolt 2 Running Shoes
- 10. Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 23 WAVEKNIT Running shoe
- How To Heal A Sprained Ankle
- When to see a doctor for a sprained ankle
List of Best Shoes For A Sprained Ankle
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best shoes for a sprained ankle.
- First, you’ll want to find shoes that provide good support and stability. This will help to prevent further injury and help you heal more quickly.
- Second, you’ll want to choose shoes that are comfortable and won’t irritate your injury.
- Finally, you’ll want to make sure the shoes you choose are appropriate for the type of activity you’ll be doing.
Here are some of the best shoes to wear with a sprained ankle.
1. ASICS Women’s GEL-Nimbus Running Shoes
ASICS shoes are designed to provide maximum comfort and support to those who have suffered a sprained ankle. This is due to the GEL technology in their cushion system. The shoes are durable, lightweight, and provide continuous cushioning and supreme bounce. They are a great option if you want to be comfortable and stylish with your sprained ankle.
2. New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080 V10 Running Shoe
These New Balance shoes are good for sprained ankles and are lightweight, breathable, and durable. The Ortholite sock liner helps keep your feet feeling fresh. For runners, it is essential to have a good pair of shoes.
And if you sprain your ankle, a cushioned and comfortable shoe is even more important. The New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 V10 provides cushioning, durability, and stability for those with sprained joints. Choose this shoe if you need all three qualities in one shoe.
3. Hoka One One Men’s Bondi 5 Running Shoe
The Hoka One One Bondi 5 Shoe is a great choice for people with sprained ankles. This shoe has cushioning, support and durability and is part of the Fresh Foam X collection. The Ortholite insole provides general support for feet and comfort, as well as a plush feel underfoot.
The Meta-Rocker midsole helps to guide the foot through the gait cycle smoothly and naturally with extra foot cushioning. Additionally, the zonal rubber outsole offers durability and traction for those looking for a shoe to wear while they are healing.
4. Skechers Men’s Go Max-Athletic Air Mesh Slip on Walking Shoe
The Skechers Go Walk Joy Walking Shoe is a lightweight shoe for those with sprained ankles. The shoe is designed for people with a high arch and is light and slip-on. Skechers’ 5GEN sole provides a high level of cushioning and support.
It also features an extra padded heel for comfort when walking. The insole is made with Goga Max technology, which provides maximum support and cushioning. The shoe is lightweight, weighing only 7.5 oz in men’s size.
5. New Balance Men’s 840 V4 Running Shoe
The New Balance 840 V4 is designed for those with mild pronation issues. With the heel raised 12mm, this small elevation encourages your foot to hit the ground more evenly. The shoe is made of breathable, hold-providing synthetic/engineered mesh and has a durable blown rubber outsole. There are also two lace options available: regular laces or bungee laces.
6. Gravity Defyer Proven Pain Relief Shoes
The Gravity Defyer G-Defy shoes have a synthetic sole and are designed to provide comfort and support for people with foot pain. They also have a roomy toe box, a front rolling design that reduces foot stress, durable mesh material, and free corrective orthotics.
For people with foot pain, Gravity Defyers is a great option. They reduce foot stress and are priced on par with cheaper shoes at $95 USD. They come with free orthotics to make them the perfect fit.
7. Orthofeet Innovative Diabetic Shoes
Orthofeet shoes are designed for people with heel and foot pain. With a broad toe box, plantar fasciitis support, and rubber sole, it is great for those suffering from arthritis, neuropathy, etc.
These shoes offer comfort and have a wide toe-box for those with bunions or other foot problems. Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief shoes come in 4 different types of colorways and they are waterproof.
8. Under Armour Men’s Charged Assert 9 Running Shoe
The Under Armour Charged Assert 9 shoe is comfortable and durable. The upper mesh provides breathability, the bootie has a sockliner for soft stepping, the cushioning insole is responsive, and the rubber outsole provides durability.
This shoe is perfect for people who need light and breathable shoes while they heal their sprained ankle. The Under Armour Charged Assert 9 Shoe is great for providing athletes with a responsive, durable shoe that can protect the ankle from injury.
9. ASICS Men’s Jolt 2 Running Shoes
The Asics Jolt running shoes are designed to provide relief and comfort to people suffering from ankle injuries. With a rubber sole and Eva midsole, these shoes will be durable and shock-absorbent.
The Eva sock liner ensures that your feet will be comfortable no matter how long you wear them. These sneakers are comfortable, secure, and durable. This shoe is excellent for recovering from a sprained ankle.
10. Mizuno Men’s Wave Rider 23 WAVEKNIT Running shoe
The Wave Rider 23 WAVEKNIT is a dynamic running shoe that fits naturally and gives you the ability to stretch without losing the airiness. It’s also electronically regulated to keep your feet cool even as you run.
Mizuno has created a shoe with the U4ic midsole that ensures shock attenuation and provides a comfortable ride. Its design is both optimized for those pumping up their tires in the gym as well as for runners on the street. A favorite of professionals, Mizuno Wave Rider 23 WAVEKNIT is perfect for daily training runs.
How To Heal A Sprained Ankle
If you have recently sprained your ankle, you are likely wondering how to best heal it. There are a few key things you can do to help your ankle heal quickly and effectively.
- First, be sure to rest your ankle as much as possible. This means keeping off of it as much as you can and avoiding any activity that could aggravate the injury.
- Second, apply ice to your ankle for 20 minutes at a time several times a day. This will help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Third, elevate your ankle above heart level when possible to reduce swelling.
- Finally, wear a supportive wrap or brace when walking or bearing weight on your ankle. By following these simple tips, you can help your sprained ankle heal quickly and effectively.
When to see a doctor for a sprained ankle
If you have a sprained ankle, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. A sprained ankle can be extremely painful and may lead to long-term problems if not treated properly. Your doctor will be able to determine the severity of your injury and recommend the best course of treatment. In some cases, a simple splint or brace may be all that’s needed to protect your ankle while it heals. However, more severe sprains may require surgery to repair torn ligaments or bones.
Wearing the right shoes can make a big difference when you have a sprained ankle. Look for shoes that are supportive and comfortable, and avoid high heels or any other shoes that could put extra strain on your ankle. With these best shoes to wear with a sprained ankle, you’ll be able to heal quickly and get back to your normal activities in no time.
2 thoughts on “10 Best Shoes To Wear With A Sprained Ankle (April Updated) 2023”
Comments are closed.