If you have a pair of cork shoes, you know they can be difficult to keep clean. In this article, we’ll show you a few simple tips and tricks on how to clean cork shoes so that they look good as new!
What You Will Need
- Shoe polish
- Cotton balls or a soft cloth
- A toothbrush (optional)
- Start by taking off the laces from your shoes. This will give you better access to the cork and will prevent the polish from getting on the laces.
- Apply a small amount of shoe polish to a cotton ball or soft cloth. Gently rub the polish into the cork, using circular motions. Be sure to cover the entire surface.
- If you have any tough stains, you can use a toothbrush to lightly scrub them away.
- Once you’re finished polishing, put the laces back in and enjoy your clean shoes!
Assuming you’re starting with already-clean cork shoes, the process is pretty simple. You’ll need a few supplies: water, white vinegar, a soft cloth, and a toothbrush.
Start by mixing equal parts water and white vinegar in a bowl. Dip your soft cloth in the mixture and wring it out so it’s damp but not dripping. Rub the cloth over the cork surface of your shoes, taking care to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Once the shoes are evenly dampened, take your toothbrush and gently scrub away any dirt or debris that’s stuck to the cork. Rinse the toothbrush frequently in clean water to avoid re-depositing dirt on your shoes.
Once you’re satisfied that the cork is clean, wipe it dry with a clean, soft cloth. Allow the shoes to air dry completely before wearing them or storing them away.
Cork shoes are a stylish and unique addition to any wardrobe, but they can be tricky to keep clean. With a little care and the right cleaning products, however, you can easily keep your cork shoes looking like new. Follow our tips and tricks on how to clean cork shoes, and you’ll have no problem keeping them in pristine condition.