Donation Locations Across the County
Vermilion County is rallying together to support the Regional Office of Education’s annual shoe drive. You can contribute by donating new shoes at various locations throughout the county until the end of the month. Here are the drop off points:
- Kevin & Co.: 3607 N. Vermilion St. #3, Danville
- Hussmann Rogers Law Office: 48 N. Vermilion St., Danville
- Regional Office of Education: 200 College St. Suite B, Danville
- Floral N Flair: 108 S. Sandusky St., Catlin
- Oakwood Grade School: 408 S. Scott St., Oakwood
- Ridge Farm Back Pain Center: 100 N. State St., Ridge Farm
From Your Heart To Their Soles Making a Difference
Tricia Keith, the Regional Safe School Program Coordinator and ROE Homeless Coordinator, initiated the From Your Heart To Their Soles campaign, which is now in its 10th or 11th year. This campaign aims to provide new shoes to students in need, addressing a critical and often overlooked issue.
Meeting a Basic Need
Many students face barriers to attending school, and improper footwear is one of them. Some have ill fitting shoes or even duct taped ones. As winter sets in, some are left with inadequate footwear. Tricia Keith recognized this problem during her time as a truancy officer.
The shoe drive supports students from pre K to high school, including Danville Area Community College students. There are no income guidelines or paperwork required. The focus is solely on meeting the need.
Year Round Donations Welcomed
While September and October are the primary months for donations, the ROE accepts contributions year round. They appreciate new athletic type shoes in any size. Brand new shoes are preferred for hygiene and pride reasons.
Monetary donations are also accepted throughout the year. These funds help replenish the shoe supply with sturdy, quality made shoes. They also assist in purchasing larger sized shoes when necessary.
Join the Cause
Let’s come together as a community to support Vermilion County students by ensuring they have proper footwear for their education journey. Your generosity can make a significant impact on their lives.
- PUMA Hoops & LaMelo Ball Team Up for Breast Cancer Awareness Shoe
- Goodie Two Shoes Achieves Milestone in Air Travel
- Why Big Shoes Are All the Rage This Year
- Nike CEO’s Vision Spreading China’s Success to the World
- Nike Smashes Profit Expectations, Commits to Elevating Running Shoe Innovation
- Step Back in Time Bata Shoe Museum’s 1980s Shoe Extravaganza