In an exciting race at Killarney, Goodie Two Shoes showcased her talent, securing victory in the Irish Stallion Farms EBF Mares Maiden Hurdle. Here’s the breakdown of her impressive performance.
Introducing Goodie Two Shoes The Rising Star
- Goodie Two Shoes, a four year old mare trained by Joseph O’Brien, had previously raced in Grade 3 events but disappointed in her recent outing at Down Royal.
Triumphant Performance at Killarney
- Goodie Two Shoes returned as the 11/8 favorite in her latest race.
- Simon Torrens rode her and kept her mainly in third position throughout the race.
- A heavy fall by Silent Approach (6/4 to 6/5) five flights from the finish shifted Goodie Two Shoes to second place.
A Commanding Victory
- Goodie Two Shoes closed in on the leader, Zoomtime, as they approached the straight.
- She took the lead two flights from the finish and steadily widened the gap, crossing the finish line a remarkable eight lengths ahead of the competition.
- Zoom time (17/2, down from 12/1) finished in second place, while Lackaneen Mag (28/1) was a distant third, trailing by nine and a half lengths.
Simon Torrens Insights
- Simon Torrens, Goodie Two Shoes’ jockey, commented, The other mare (Silent Approach) took a nasty spill, and then it was a case of not letting the leader get too far in front of me, and she did it well in the end.
- He noted that Goodie Two Shoes displayed significant potential on the flat and is still learning and improving in her hurdling career.
- Torrens also mentioned that after walking the track, he realized it wasn’t too challenging despite initial concerns.
Goodie Two Shoes’ victory at Killarney is a testament to her growing prowess in the world of hurdling. With the potential she’s shown, there’s optimism for her continued progress in future races.